Iraqi FM: Israel participates in U.S.-led attack on Iraq
Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri said Sunday an Israeli missile had been found in Baghdad and accused Israel of taking part in the U.S.-led attack on Iraq.
"You know that Israel is taking part in this aggression against Iraq. It's sending missiles. We found a missile, an Israeli missile, in Baghdad," he told reporters in Cairo, where was to attend a meeting of Arab foreign ministers scheduled for Monday.
Israeli political sources said Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz told the cabinet Sunday that the missile in question bore the word Taas, an Israeli company that has made electronic components sold for use in missiles in the U.S. armoury.
Sabri also said Arab governments should condemn the war and call for the withdrawal of U.S. and British forces. Arab states have said they oppose the war. The Iraqi minister called on Arab governments to condemn Kuwait, from where U.S. and British forces launched their attack Thursday. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraqi FM says U.S. plane shot down, Pentagon denies
- Arab states urge Iraq to accept U.N. inspectors; Israeli sources: Attack on Iraq to start by November
- Israel ''successfully'' carries out test launch of four Arrow interceptor missiles
- Former Israeli PM Netanyahu says he exchanged messages with Saddam in 1998
- Syria Denies Test-Firing Scud Missile on Sunday