Iraqi Kurds will protect Syrian brethren
Erbil (NINA) - President of Kurdistan Region, Massoud Barazani said that the Region will utilize all its capabilities to defend women, children and innocent Kurds in 'Western Kurdistan'.
In a message on Saturday, Aug. 10, addressed to the Preparatory Committee for the Kurdish National Conference, Barazani called for forming a special committee to visit 'Western Kurdistan' to get acquainted with the situation of Kurds in Syria.
He added that the media and a number of political centers talk of terrorists in Western Kurdistan have declared mobilization against Kurdish citizens, and that Qaeda terrorists are attacking innocent civilians and slaughtering women and children. He called on the Committee to investigate these news.
Barazani went on saying that if it is proven that Kurdish women and children citizens are being threatened to be terrified of being killed, then Kurdistan Region will utilizes all its capabilities to defend Kurdish women, children and innocent citizens in Western Kurdistan.
- Iraqi Kurdistan President: PKK should leave region to protect civilians
- Iraqi Kurds await Turkish approval to join Kobani battle
- Daesh driven out of Kobane by Kurds and Iraqi army retakes Diyala
- A guide to the Kurds and all of their confusing acronyms
- Iraqi government fails to protect women and children