Iraqi National Assembly speaker sends letter to International Parliamentary Union Head
Speaker of the Iraqi National Assembly Sa’doun Hammadi has sent a letter to Secretary-General of the International Parliamentary Union, Andrews Jones, in order to inform him about the results of the National Assembly extraordinary session held last Monday on “American illegal and immoral threats against Iraq”.
Dr. Hammadi called upon Jones to “unmask the media campaign launched by the U.S evil administration against Iraq”, the Iraq News Agency reported.
The extraordinary session on Monday voiced the Iraqi people's full support for President Saddam Hussein and condemned the US threats against the country.
Hammadi, who presided over the session, said the parliament fully supported the leadership of President Saddam Hussein and blasted the “US aggressive policy toward Iraq”.
In that session, the National Assembly urged the Arab and European parliaments, the Organization of the Islamic Conference, as well as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations to condemn the hostile US plans against Baghdad, the agency added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq National Assembly Speaker sends letters to US Senate members
- Iraqi National Assembly Speaker on way to China
- Iraqi parliamentary committee advises leadership to reject U.N. resolution as Bush sends another threat to Saddam
- Parliamentary Conference Opens in Jordan amid Tensions
- Iraq’s National Assembly calls for ending “Zionist-backed U.S. threats”