Iraqi Spokesman: US, British attack leaves three civilians injured
A spokesman for the Iraqi Air Defense Command told the official Iraq news agency that U.S. and British warplanes attacked civilian installations in Meisan province, leaving three civilians wounded.
According to the Iraqi news agency, U.S. and British warplanes, supported by an AWACS, carried out on Tuesday thirty sorties from bases in Kuwait. The spokesman added that the U.S. and British warplanes flew over Artawi, Bissiya, Lassif, Jeleba, Shatra, Rafa’I, Qala’at Suker, Samawa, Afik, Diwaniya, Souq el-Shyoukh, Mishkhab, and Shanafiya.
Iraqi missile force and anti-aircraft artillery drove the “enemy planes” back to their bases in Kuwait, the spokesman revealed.
Meanwhile, U.S and British warplanes, on the same day, carried out 14 sorties from bases in Turkey, the agency added, and flew over Zakho, Dohuk, Bebo, Amadiya, Aqra, Rawandouz and Arbil. (Albawaba.com)
- Iraqi military spokesman: US, British warplanes “violate Iraq airspace”
- Iraqi military spokesman: US-British attack on Iraq leaves five civilians injured
- Iraqi military: U.S., British attack injures three civilians
- U.S. and British warplanes fly over Iraq
- Military Spokesman: US, British warplanes “violate Iraqi airspace”