Iraqi TV: Saddam satisfied with performance of Iraqi soldiers
Iraqi state television said President Saddam Hussein chaired a meeting of his top officials on Saturday and said he was satisfied with the performance of Iraqi soldiers facing a U.S. and British invasion.
"The president expressed his satisfaction at the performance of the Iraqi army and members of the Baath Party and Iraqi tribes," the television said.
It said Saddam's second son Qusay, Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan, Deputy Prime Minister Tareq Aziz, Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf and Defense Minister General Sultan Hashim Ahmed attended the meeting. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saddam urges Iraqis to resist as suicide bomber kills three US soldiers
- Saddam Chairs Meeting of Iraqi Leadership
- US Army says Saddam Airport occupied, 320 Iraqi soldiers killed
- Iraqi information minister: British soldiers captured
- Iraq: 77 civilians killed in Basra; Saddam deputy: American soldiers captured