Iraqi Vice President to Visit India in Highest-Level Trip in 25 Years
Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadhan will visit India next week in the highest-level visit from Baghdad in 25 years, the foreign ministry said here Friday.
Ramadhan, who will lead a top-level 17-member delegation including Oil Minister Amer Mohammed Rashid and Deputy Foreign Minister Nur Al Weiss, will stay in India between November 27 and December 1, a communiqué said.
The team is scheduled to meet President K.R. Narayanan, Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee, Vice President Krishan Kant and a host of dignitaries.
They will visit India's information technology capital, Bangalore, in the southern state of Karnataka. The two sides are expected to sign a long-term cooperation agreement.
New Delhi has traditionally had warm ties with Baghdad.
India has concluded more than 150 contracts with Iraq -- valued at more than 280 million dollars -- as part of the UN-sponsored "oil-for-food" program -- NEW DELHI (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraqi Vice-President Says Free Trade Agreement with Egypt is Good for Arab Countries
- Iraqi Vice-President Leaves Baghdad by Plane for India
- Yemen Vice President Visits Oil Ministry
- Iraqi Vice President Holds Talks with Syrian President, Prepares Trade Agreement
- emirati women realise potential through increasing opportunities at dwtc