Iraq\'s Deputy Trade Minister on Visit To Iran
Iraq's deputy trade minister Fakhri Rishan is currently on an official visit in Iran, due to meet Iranian Trade Minister Mohammad Shariatmadari, the official IRNA agency reported Wednesday.
Heading a delegation of eight, Rishan arrived in Iran Monday for a five-day visit during which both sides were due to discuss "means of developing trade links", IRNA said.
Both countries have recently made public their intention to improve relations and put an end to the quarrels which have persisted twelve years after the end of the war between the two countries.
Iraq's undersecretary for foreign affairs, Riad al-Qaissi met an Iranian delegation in December, while in October, Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharazi made a landmark visit to Iraq, where he met with President Saddam Hussein.
Key stumbling blocks remain the two countries' support for each other's opposition groups and the release of prisoners from the conflict -- TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraqi Trade Minister Hopes Baghdad-Tehran Trade Ties Strengthen in Future
- Iran Reiterates Need to Respect 1975 Algiers Border Accord with Iraq
- Turkish Foreign Minister Arrives in Tehran Monday for Bilateral Talks
- Iran\'s Foreign Minister to Visit Ukraine for Bilateral Talks
- Iranian Foreign Minister to Visit Baghdad Thursday