ISIS militants capture key Syrian border town
ISIS has captured a key town from other rebels close to the Iraqi border according to a Syrian activist group, AP reports.
The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights claims Al-Bukamal was captured by ISIS militants after days of clashes with rival rebels.
The latest ISIS victory came after the extremist group declared the establishment of an Islamic caliphate in Iraq and Syria.
- Afghan Rebels Claim Victory in Key Town
- IS closes in on strategic Syrian border town
- Militant infighting leaves 17 dead in Iraq's Kirkuk while ISIS captures border crossing
- Syrian rebels capture strategic town of Morek: activists
- ISIS militants capture city of Hassakeh as more Syrian rebel fighters reportedly join ranks