ISIS militants capture key Syrian border town
ISIS has captured a key town from other rebels close to the Iraqi border according to a Syrian activist group, AP reports.
The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights claims Al-Bukamal was captured by ISIS militants after days of clashes with rival rebels.
The latest ISIS victory came after the extremist group declared the establishment of an Islamic caliphate in Iraq and Syria.
- Syrian Kurds claim to have captured Islamist commander
- Double Al Qaeda bomb attack kills at least 16 rebels in Aleppo
- Damascus attacks ISIS stronghold, militants kill Syrian rebel officers
- Regime attacks kill at least 10 dead in Aleppo as barrel bombings continue with no sign of abating
- Over 50,000 ISIS militants fighting in Syria