ISIS-controlled border crossing bombed
The ISIS-controlled Al Qaim Syria-Iraq border was bombed Tuesday, but it is not yet clear who is behind the attack.
Some local tribal sources have also told Al Arabiya that Syrian government warplanes are responsible for the bombing.
ISIS took over control of the crossing in fierce fighting with Iraqi forces earlier this month. The government has now lost control of all three Syria-Iraq border crossings.
- Syrian rebels take over Iraqi border crossing
- Syria's ISIS takes over key eastern border towns
- Damascus attacks ISIS stronghold, militants kill Syrian rebel officers
- Militant infighting leaves 17 dead in Iraq's Kirkuk while ISIS captures border crossing
- Double Al Qaeda bomb attack kills at least 16 rebels in Aleppo