Islamic Books Fair to be Held in Bahrain
A total of 140 publishing houses and libraries will be taking part in the 11th Islamic Book Fair to be held in Bahrain on Tuesday.
The event is organized by Al Eslah Society as part of its 60th anniversary celebrations, reported the Gulf Daily News.
It will feature latest publications on various topics, educational tools, encyclopaedias, e-books and audio recordings.
The week-long event, to be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition Center, aims at raising awareness about Islamic publications.
It is also hoped to encourage people on reading as a source of knowledge and enlightenment.
Apart from Bahrain, publishing houses and libraries from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and India will be participating in the fair.
The exhibition will also feature a special section for the society to display all its achievements in the past six decades, said society information committee head Ali Ahmed Abdulla.
"This section will give a complete idea of the society's objectives through its achievements provided with documents and photographs," he said – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Tamkeen supports participation of 10 enterprises in the 20th Al Ayam Book Fair
- 10th edition of International Book Fair Of Algiers to kick off
- Qatar National Library to make debut at 25th Doha International Book Fair
- International Book Fair to be held in Casablanca
- Over 28,000 trade visitors attend the 9th Islamic Trade Fair