Islamic Jihad activist shot dead near Nablus
Israeli troops shot dead early Wednesday an Islamic Jihad activist and arrested at least 12 in an overnight offensive throughout the West Bank, the Israeli army and Palestinians said.
In Balata refugee camp, near the city of Nablus, soldiers killed a member of the Islamic Jihad in as he tried to escape their dragnet, a witness said, according to AP.
The Israeli army said it detained eight Islamic Jihad members in the town of Tulkarm and three more in the nearby village of Iktaba. Near the southern town of Hebron Israeli forces arrested a member of Hamas.
A further seven Palestinians were arrested in various locations. (Albawaba.com)
- Two Fatah operatives shot dead near Nablus as Islamic Jihad vows ''blackest days in Israel's history''
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Israel razes homes of Islamic Jihad activists
- Palestinian boy shot dead, Islamic Jihad claims Wednesday bombing attack; Israel razes houses near Jerusalem, Ramallah
- Palestinian shot dead near Nablus; Israeli unit nabs Tanzim activist
- Settlers kill Palestinian in West Bank; Islamic Jihad activist shot dead in Jenin