Islamic Jihad activists escape assassination attempt in Gaza Strip; At least four reported injured
Two Israeli helicopters fired three missiles that hit a car northeast of Gaza City on Sunday afternoon, Palestinian witnesses said.
The helicopter fired two missiles at a car carrying three members of the Islamic Jihad group between the town of Beit Lahiya and Jabalya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip, injuring one of them and three bystanders, Palestinian security sources said, according to Reuters.
The security sources added the men escaped from the vehicle as the Apache helicopter struck. The car's driver was wounded in the attack. A Palestinian youth, a police officer and a third bystander were also hurt, the sources said.
The Islamic Jihad group said one of its field commanders, who was in the vehicle, was apparently the target of the attack but was unhurt. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza City: Israeli copter attack kills Palestinian boy, three Islamic Jihad members
- Witnesses: Israel used new kind of missiles to kill Islamic Jihad leader in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: At least one Palestinian activist dies in Israeli raid
- Islamic Jihad vows revenge after Israel kills activist, boy in copter attack
- Gaza Strip: Israel resumes assassinations attacks; Two Islamic Jihad men die