Islamic Jihad claims settlement attack
At least for Israelis were killed and six wounded Friday evening by an armed Palestinian who infiltrated the West Bank settlement of Otniel.
The Palestinian opened fire at people who were inside the dining hall at the settlement, which is located south of Hebron. Later, he was shot dead.
Less than two hours after this incident three Israeli soldiers were wounded, one seriously, in an exchange of fire with a second Palestinian involved in the attack in the nearby Palestinian town of Dahariya.
Islamic Jihad claimed the attack. It said the assault was carried out to avenge the killing of nine Palestinians, including Jihad activist Hamza abu Rob, in separate incidents in the West Bank and Gaza Strip on Thursday.
Meanwhile, a Palestinian attempted an attack in Jerusalem on Saturday morning, Israel Radio reported. He was stopped by Israeli troops and arrested for questioning, the report added. (Albawaba.com)
- At least four Israelis killed in attack on settlement near Hebron, Two Palestinian attackers shot dead
- Three Palestinians shot dead; Israel razes homes of Islamic Jihad activists
- West Bank: Three Israeli settlers, Palestinian activist killed
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian near Jewish settlement attacked in morning; four Israelis shot dead
- Six Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, Hebron