Islamic Jihad member killed in Gaza Strip, over 30 Palestinians wounded in West Bank
An Islamic Jihad fighter was shot dead on Wednesday morning at al Shoubaki area in the town of Beit Hanoun near Erez crossing in northern Gaza Strip, Palestinian security sources reported.
They said the Israeli soldiers opened intensive fire on the activists who was trying to plant a roadside bomb in the area.
Also Wednesday, two Palestinians were wounded at dawn to the west of Khan Younis city after occupation soldiers, deployed in the vicinity of Neveh Dekhalim settlement, opened fire at them.
Eyewitnesses said that Israeli forces bulldozed lands to the west of the city and opened machinegun fire at Palestinians in the western refugee camp and Amal suburb wounding two Palestinians in the process and damaging a number of houses.
Elsewhere, some 30 Palestinians, including a whole family, were wounded Wednesday when Israeli troops assaulted a peaceful rally in Budros village near Ramallah city in the West Bank, witnesses said.
The Palestinians protested against the so-called security fence. They were wounded with live and rubber coated metal bullets, medics and Popular Committee to Resist the Wall sources told WAFA.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces stormed different neighbourhoods of the village and targeted the houses amid intensive fire shooting, wounding five members of Shukry Awwad family.
On Tuesday, at least 20 two Palestinians were wounded and scores others suffered from suffocation in the village after Israeli soldiers opened fire and hurled gas canisters at a similar rally in the village. In other parts of the West Bank, some 15 Palestinians were arrested by Israeli forces. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
- West Bank: Israeli soldier wounded, Islamic Jihad members arrested
- Israel kills 10 Islamic Jihad members in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- 10 Palestinians, including girl and senior Islamic Jihad activist, killed in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Palestinian detainees riot in Israeli camp, at least 30 wounded; Israeli killed in West Bank