Islamic Jihad Says 20 Members Arrested in Palestinian Territories
The Palestinian Authority has arrested 20 members of the Islamic Jihad movement in the West Bank and Gaza, the Islamic militant group said Monday.
"The Palestinian Authority's security services carried out an arrest campaign in the West Bank and Gaza against members of Islamic Jihad, of whom 20 were put in jail," the group said in a statement received in Damascus.
"These measures, taken under orders from the enemy, are a plot seeking to divide ranks" within the Palestinians, it said.
Israel called Friday on Yasser Arafat's Palestinian Authority to re-arrest a number of Islamist militants it released in the past week amid violent clashes between Palestinians and Israeli forces – DAMASCUS (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Shin Bet Boss Says More Israeli Arabs Join Hamas, Islamic Jihad; Arafat: Mossad Behind Karine A; Palestinian Killed
- Arrests in Jenin; Hamas says Israel to '\'pay a heavy price'\' for new decision to recapture Palestinian territory
- Islamic Jihad Vows Revenge for Assassinating Member in Gaza
- Palestinian Authority Arrests Three Islamic Jihad Militants
- Palestinians Arrest Eight Islamic Jihad Militants