Islamic Jihad vows revenge after Israel kills activist, boy in copter attack
The bodyguard of Islamic Jihad leader in the Gaza Strip, Abdullah Shami, was killed Saturday when an Israeli helicopter launched a missile into a car in Gaza City, witnesses said.
At least 10 people, including a 14-year old boy, were injured in the attack, witnesses and doctors said. The boy died later of his wounds, Palestinian sources said.
Witnesses said a helicopter fired one missile into a white Peugeot car carrying three members of the Islamic Jihad. According to Palestinian sources, the target of the assassination attempt was Islamic Jihad man Aziz Mahmoud Shami, 23. Shami was a relative of Abdullah Shami, who was not in the area at the time of the attack.
Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei described the strike "an attempt to escalate the situation". "This cowardly aggression is condemned and rejected," Qurei told reporters in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
"The Islamic Jihad movement is a resistance movement and it will respond to this aggression with all its force," Abdullah Shami said after the attack. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza City: Israeli copter attack kills Palestinian boy, three Islamic Jihad members
- Israeli Troops Kill Islamic Jihad Activist, Palestinian Boy
- Islamic Jihad Vows Revenge for Assassinating Member in Gaza
- One Killed, 12 Injured in Attack on Pakistani Islamic Activists
- Islamic Jihad vows revenge after top leader arrested, another activist shot dead