Islamists take to Tunis streets
The streets of the Tunisian capital were filled with several thousands supporters of the Islamist Ennahda government today, Reuters reported.
The protests took place following calls the government should step down after the assassination of opposition politician Mohamed Brahmi.
- Tunisia's UGTT calling for protests, ousting Islamist-led government
- In biggest protest since Belaid's assassination, Tunisians call for downfall of Islamist government
- Tunisian President calls for calm
- Protests to take place around Tunisian capital today
- The second Arab Spring: Tunisians back on the streets