Israel’s former Security Services Chief to run for leadership of suburban Jerusalem local council
Israel’s Ambassador to Denmark and the former head of the Israeli “Shin Bet” security services Carmi Gilon announced on Tuesday that he is running in the October race for the head of a suburban Jerusalem (Mevasseret Zion) local council, the Jerusalem Post reported.
Gilon, who served as the head of the security services between the years 1994-1996, completes his two-year term as ambassador in Copenhagen in September. (Albawaba.com)
- NGOs Urge Denmark to Indict Ex-Head of Israel's General Security Service
- Appointment of Ex-Shin Bet Chief as Israeli Envoy Triggers Human Rights Criticism
- Danish Paper Says Amnesty Int'l Wants Gillon to Stand Trial for Torture
- Israel's Pro-Torture Ambassador Designate to Arrive in Denmark
- Barak Appoints Minister for Israeli Intelligence, Internal Security