Israel’s Labor Minister Accuses Officials of Employing Illegal Workers
Israel’s Labor and Welfare Minister Shlomo Benizri announced Wednesday that public officials, including a minister and several Knesset members, were illegally employing foreign workers, Israel Radio reported, cited by Haaretz newspaper.
Benizri has announced that his office plans to drastically reduce the number of foreign workers in Israel by deporting them back to their countries of origin, said the radio.
He added that if the public figures did not fire the illegal workers they were employing, he would publicize their names and send inspectors from his ministry to their homes.
Israel used to count on more than 125,000 Palestinians in construction and other sectors, but since the outbreak of the Intifada in September, very few Palestinians are allowed inside the Green Line – Albawaba.com
- If you build it, they will NOT come: Romania bans its construction workers from Israeli settlement jobs
- Jordanian Labor Ministry to Crack Down on Illegal Foreign Workers
- Israel expels 3,000 illegal Palestinian workers
- Lebanon's electrical labor crisis should be cut-out soon to avoid mass-blackout, says Minister
- Israel may reduce reliance on Palestinian labor