Israel’s Shin Bet Arrests Jordanian Driver ‘for Smuggling Weapons to PNA’
Israeli security service, the Shin Bet, arrested a Jordanian lorry driver accused of smuggling weapons to the PNA, according to Israel’s Army Radio on Sunday.
A resident in Amman, Abdul Baset Salman Dalsheh, 30, was arrested on March 1st when he tried to enter with his truck to Israel, said the report.
Inspectors said they found in the truck hidden M-16 and Klashinkov rifles in addition to 20 pistols. According to the investigations, Dalsheh has been transferring goods between Israel and Jordan since 1998.
In January this year, he was contacted by unknown Jordanians who asked him to smuggle the weapons to the PNA, in return for JD2000 ($3000 approximately) for each shipment.
The interrogators quoted the suspect as confessing that, since February, he carried out the mission four times – Albawaba.com
- Iraqi Accused of Smuggling Arms to Palestinians; Trial Opens in Jordan
- Israel’s Shin Bet Accuses Egypt of ‘Overlooking Palestinian Arms Smuggling’
- PM: Jordanian Army Foiling Bids to Infiltrate Israel
- Israel: Attempt to Smuggle Weapons from Syria Discovered
- Israel Accuses Rjoub of Smuggling Weapons into Palestinian Territories