Israel’s Shin Bet Arrests Top Palestinian Intelligence Official
Israel’s Shin Bet security service have arrested Yazid Hamed, a major at the Palestinian Authority intelligence services in the West Bank, for allegedly “killing Israelis in the West Bank in the past few months,” reported Haaretz newspaper, quoting Israel Radio on Thursday.
Hamed was arrested on the Allenby Bridge, coming from Amman for medical treatment.
Several day ago, the Shin Bet also arrested the commander of the Palestinian naval force in the West Bank.
Both officials, according to Haaretz, are members of a cell headed by senior members of the intelligence service and Force 17.
Israel kidnapped six members of Force 17 on Monday in a Palestinian-controlled village near the West Bank city of Tulkarem.
But it released three of the kidnapped for “no apparent involvement in anti-Israeli attacks,” said reports – Albawaba.com
- Palestinian Al Qaeda suspects arrested by Shin Bet in East Jerusalem
- Shin Bet Boss Says More Israeli Arabs Join Hamas, Islamic Jihad; Arafat: Mossad Behind Karine A; Palestinian Killed
- Israeli security services head visits Washington for talks with top US officials; Powell may soon visit Israel
- Palestinians Deny Force-17 Involved in Anti-Israeli Attacks
- Israeli Soldier Injured Near Ramallah; Former Head of Shin Bet Calls to Halt Assassinations