Israel’s Shin Bet Arrests Top Palestinian Intelligence Official
Israel’s Shin Bet security service have arrested Yazid Hamed, a major at the Palestinian Authority intelligence services in the West Bank, for allegedly “killing Israelis in the West Bank in the past few months,” reported Haaretz newspaper, quoting Israel Radio on Thursday.
Hamed was arrested on the Allenby Bridge, coming from Amman for medical treatment.
Several day ago, the Shin Bet also arrested the commander of the Palestinian naval force in the West Bank.
Both officials, according to Haaretz, are members of a cell headed by senior members of the intelligence service and Force 17.
Israel kidnapped six members of Force 17 on Monday in a Palestinian-controlled village near the West Bank city of Tulkarem.
But it released three of the kidnapped for “no apparent involvement in anti-Israeli attacks,” said reports – Albawaba.com
- Peres Urges Arafat to End Force 17 Implication in Anti-Israeli Attacks
- Israel Releases Three Kidnapped Members of Palestine’s Force 17
- Israel Arrests Two Senior Palestinian Officials in West Bank
- Israel Arrests Five Palestinians, Including Two PA Intelligence Officers
- Palestinians Deny Force-17 Involved in Anti-Israeli Attacks