Israel Accuses Rjoub of Smuggling Weapons into Palestinian Territories
Israel has accused the head of the Palestinian preventive security service in the West Bank, Jibril Rjoub, of smuggling weapons into Palestinian territory and distributing them to various Palestinian groups, reported the Jerusalem Post on Wednesday, citing Israel Radio.
Both official Palestinian security services and other armed Palestinian factions are among the recipients of these weapons and military materiel, they claimed.
The paper said that firearms, ammunition, explosive materials and mortar shells were being obtained by Rjoub's personnel, primarily in Jordan and Lebanon, but also reportedly from Arab arms dealers in Israel – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel’s Shin Bet Prevents Rjoub from Taking Part in Israeli Seminar
- Report: Rjoub Seeks Secret Channel of Talks with Sharon via CIA
- Haaretz: Israeli, Palestinian Security Chiefs Met in Cairo
- Palestinian Security Service Arrests two Suspected Collaborators with Israel for Espionage
- Israel’s Shin Bet Accuses Egypt of ‘Overlooking Palestinian Arms Smuggling’