Israel arrests chief Hamas activist, kills three others
Israel arrested Thursday afternoon a leading activist of Hamas' military wing in the West Bank. According to initial reports, Husam Badran was detained in Hirbet Hassan, located between the West Bank cities of Jenin and Nablus.
The Hamas website reported that at least three other members of this resistance movement were killed during the Israeli operation to capture Badran.
Badran is considered one of the leading members of Hamas' Nablus military wing - Ezz a Din al-Qassam.
According to Israeli reports, Israeli helicopters spotted Badran and land soldiers caught him. The helicopters fired two missiles at a house with Badran and others inside, killing three Palestinians.
Israel holds Badran responsible of planning many attacks against Israeli targets. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- West Bank: Israel kills senior Hamas activist
- Israel, Palestinians Crack Down on Hamas after West Bank Raid
- Clashes in West Bank and Gaza: Three Palestinians, three Israelis killed
- Palestinian boy killed in West Bank as Israeli forces continue raids
- Hamas member killed in Nablus, 16 Palestinians arrested