Israel arrests three Islamic Jihad members in West Bank raids
Three Islamic Jihad members were arrested by Israeli troops in an early morning raid on Wednesday in the West Bank. One man was arrested in Beit Rima, north of Ramallah, while another was arrested in the Qabatiyeh refugee camp south of Jenin in the northern West Bank. A third man believed to be a senior Islamic Jihad leader was also arrested in the Jenin area.
Palestinian fighters reportedly hurled explosives at the Israeli troops during the Qabatiyeh raid, according to Haaretz.
Meanwhile in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian fighters fired a mortar shell across an Israeli security fence. Israeli troops in the northern Gaza Strip targeted Qassam launching sites with artillery fire.
No injuries were reported as a result of the incidents.
- West Bank: Senior Islamic Jihad fighter captured by Israel
- Israel detains 117 Hamas members in West Bank raids
- Israel kills 10 Islamic Jihad members in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Israel detains 104 Palestinians without permits in southern Israel, arrests 19 in West Bank
- 20 Palestinians arrested by Israel as White House urges Abbas to act against Islamic Jihad