Israel Arrests Two Senior Palestinian Officials in West Bank
Israeli forces on Tuesday arrested four Palestinians, two of them senior officials, in the West Bank, said reports.
An Israeli patrol stopped a Palestinian taxi travelling between the West Bank towns of Jenin and Nablus and arrested Majdi Alawneh, a senior Palestinian liaison official with Israel in Nablus, according to the Palestinian official news agency, WAFA.
Another official, Eyad Mardawi, whose position was not specified, was arrested near Qalqilya, reported Haaretz newspaper.
The two were arrested on charges of “sabotaging the liaison cooperation with Israel,” said the paper.
"We protested to the Israelis and asked them to release Alawneh immediately," said an official in the Palestinian Ministry of Civil Affairs, quoted by the paper.
Two Palestinian youths were also arrested by Israeli troops in a village near the West Bank town of Bethlehem.
Israel Radio reported that as many as 10 Palestinians, including Alawneh, had been arrested on "suspicion of terrorist activities,” said Haaretz – Albawaba.com
- Senior Palestinian official arrested by Israeli forces
- Israel continues West Bank offensive; Two senior Hamas activists arrested as Fatah vows to retaliate Barghouti detention
- Building in Gaza bombed; four Palestinians killed in West Bank; two senior Palestinian activists arrested
- Israel arrests two Palestinians in West Bank
- Israeli troops nab wounded Palestinian activists from West Bank hospital, top Waqf officials arrested in Jerusalem