Israel asks for Japan’s help in peace process
Israel asked Japan on Monday to encourage Iran to support the so-called "road map" peace process in the Middle East and discourage it from backing “terrorists”, the Kyodo News Agency reported.
In the course of a meeting with Japanese Foreign Minister Yoriko Kawaguchi, Zvi Gabay, a special envoy of Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom, also urged Tokyo to exert its influence over the Palestinian Authority (PA) to press into dismantling “terrorist organizations”, the officials told the Japanese news agency. (Albawaba.com)
- Japan Pledges Help for Middle East Peace Process
- Albright Urges Japan to Support Middle East Peace Process
- Syria Invites US to Help Renew Peace Process with Israel
- Japan Urges Israel, Palestinians not to Spurn Peace Chance
- Peres asks Mubarak help to revive Mideast peace efforts; Mubarak: Palestinians can continue attack for another 15 years