Israel assassinates Hamas operative, Israeli soldier shot dead in Jenin
Israeli attack helicopters Friday evening launched at least two missiles at a car in Gaza City, killing at least one person and wounding 25 others, including seven children,
Hamas identified the dead man as Fuad Ledawi, a member of its military wing and said that he had been an aide to Tito Massoud, a Hamas operative killed in an Israeli missile strike earlier in the week.
Elsewhere, an Israeli soldier was killed Friday evening in a shooting attack in the West Bank city of Jenin, Channel One reported. The Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claimed responsibility for the killing.
Earlier, two Israeli women settlers were wounded Friday noon in a roadside ambush on their vehicle in the West Bank. One of the women was seriously wounded by the shots.
The vehicle came under attack close to the settlement of
Neveh Tzuf, close to Ramallah.
Earlier Friday, Israeli occupation troops demolished the Hebron home of the suicide bomber who carried out Wednesday's bus bombing in Jerusalem.
In the West Bank village of Dura, near Hebron, occupation troops also razed the home of a Tanzim member, who carried out several shooting attacks against Israelis. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Settler killed in West Bank shooting attack; Hamas claims Friday Hebron attack
- Four Israelis injured in West Bank shooting attack
- Four settlers shot dead near Hebron; Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claims attack
- One Israeli soldier killed, two wounded in West Bank shooting attack
- West Bank: Three Israeli settlers, Palestinian activist killed