Israel assassinates Palestinian activist in Jenin, Fatah vows revenge
An Israeli undercover unit killed a Palestinian activist from the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades in the northern West Bank city of Jenin, Palestinian security and medical sources said.
Asaad Salah Khaliliyeh, 32, was shot dead in front of the Jenin municipality by plainclothed Israeli security forces traveling in a civilian vehicle, the sources said, according to AFP.
The Palestinian was taken to hospital where he was declared dead. Khaliliyeh was also a member of the Palestinian police services.
The head of the Al-Aqsa group in Jenin, Zaqaria Zubeidi, confirmed Khaliliyeh had been killed and promised bloody revenge. "Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades will retaliate for this operation and continue their resistance against soldiers and settlers," he told AFP. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Fatah vows revenge following activist killing; Fatah, Hamas to renew talks in Gulf state
- At Least 40 Palestinians Killed Friday and Early Saturday; Hamas Vows to Revenge Killing of Top Activist
- Hizbullah blames Israel for activist assassination, vows revenge
- Palestinian groups vow revenge for assassinations in Jenin as PA, Hamas fighting continues in north Gaza Strip
- Fatah vows revenge for Gaza leaders killing while new security chief promises to promote teamwork