Israel assassinates senior Palestinian activist in Gaza; Two Islamic Jihad members killed near Hebron
A senior Palestinian activist was killed and four others wounded Wednesday when Israeli helicopters fired rockets at a Palestinian Authority Preventive Security building in Gaza City on Wednesday.
The man assassinated in the strike was Mustafa Sabah. Israel said Sabah was behind the attacks on three Israeli Merkava tanks in which seven soldiers were killed.
Eyewitnesses said that four missiles were fired by Israeli helicopters at a room in a building in Gaza City where Sabah was located.
Israeli troops killed two armed Palestinians Wednesday morning near the West Bank city of Hebron. Soldiers were searching caves in the area of Tufah village near Hebron, when shots were fired at them from one of the caves, Israel Army reported. Two Palestinians were killed in the exchange of fire.
Israel Radio added the two were members of the Islamic Jihad.
In the Gaza Strip late Tuesday , Israeli soldiers foiled an attempt by a Palestinian to infiltrate into Israel. The Palestinian was lightly injured and detained, Israeli sources reported. (Albawaba.com)
- Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian in Hebron, Jihad Activist Escapes Assassination in Tulkarem
- Gaza Strip: Israel assassinates senior Islamic Jihad activist
- Israel assassinates two Islamic Jihad members in Gaza Strip
- Israel assassinates two Islamic Jihad activists in Gaza
- Two Palestinian Brothers Killed by Settlers Fire, Israeli Army Attempts to Assassinate Jihad Member