Israel assassinates two Palestinians in Gaza Strip
An Israeli aircraft fired a missile on a car in the northern Gaza Strip after nightfall Monday, witnesses said, killing two Palestinian activists. Paramedics and witnesses said the missile destroyed the car and killed the two men inside. Three bystanders were injured in the incident, they said. The targeted vehicle was carrying al Aqsa Martyrs operatives.
20 Palestinian men were arrested overnight in the West Bank by Israeli security forces. Five men were arrested the city of Ramallah, nine in the city’s outskirts, two in Nablus, and several others in and around the town of Bethlehem.
Palestinian fighters and Israeli troops exchanged fire during the raid, while two Palestinians were reportedly hit by gunfire in Nablus, according to Ynet.
Meanwhile in the Gaza Strip, Israeli soldiers on Monday fired artillery rounds at several Qassam rocket launch sites.
An Israeli spokesmen told reporters that the Israeli army would, “continue to operate using all the means at its disposal in order to prevent hurting Israel's citizens." Several artillery rounds were also fired overnight into the Gaza Strip.
© 2006 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel assassinates three Palestinian activists in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Six Palestinians arrested, Israeli DM calls for assassination attacks in Gaza Strip
- Israeli troops kill two Palestinians in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip
- Israeli troops kill five Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza Strip clashes