Israel believes Hizbullah plans to kidnap Israeli soldiers
Israeli authorities have increased security measures around Israel's border with Lebanon after reports surfaced that Hizbullah forces in southern Lebanon had completed preparations to kidnap Israeli soldiers operating in the area.
The abduction is said to be planned for the Shabaa Farms area near Lebanon's border with Syria, which Israel currently occupies.
However, according to Ynet, Israeli forces are reportedly preparing for such an attempt along the entire border between southern Lebanon and northern Israel.
- Border clash leaves four Hizbullah fighters, Israeli soldier dead
- Hizbullah hits northern Israeli towns as Israel calls up reserve soldiers
- Reports: Israeli forces attacked on border with Lebanon; One soldier killed
- Lebanon: Israel begins pullout as ceasefire honored by both sides
- Two women wounded as Israel bombs south Lebanon