Israel: Blast hits car of Arab legislator
A small bomb exploded on Friday underneath a car belonging to the wife of Israeli Arab Knesset member Issam Mokhawal, which was parked outside their home in the port city of Haifa.
According to Makhoul, he and his wife, Su'ad, had been on their way out of the house when the device exploded.
According to Haaretz, Makhoul, 51, believes he, rather than his wife, was the target of the attack. He added that he had not received any unusual threats in recent days or weeks, and described the attack as "a worrying escalation in violence toward Knesset members, which should be urgently dealt with."
He added that the device was probably planted for "nationalistic motives." Sources in Mokhawal's party - the Democratic Front for Peace and Equality speculated that the blast might have been triggered by radical right-wing Israeli elements. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli police uncover Jewish terror group which attacked Arab targets in Haifa
- Israel Suspects Motive Behind Netanya Car Bomb was Nationalistic
- Blast at home of Western Christian missionary couple in Lebanon kills one person
- 89-Year-Old Man Arrested for Grenade Blast in Lebanon
- Unknown group claims blast that injured two Israeli soldiers on Lebanese border; Israel blames Hizbullah