Israel blocks “Free Gaza” vessel
A Free Gaza ship, “The Spirit of Humanity” was stopped Tuesday outside of Gaza Strip. The Israeli Navy told the ship that was coming to Gaza to provide aid to the people of the coastal territory to backtrack towards international waters, saying they “will not be allowed to proceed to Gaza”.
Free Gaza activists onboard said their navigational equipment had been electronically jammed overnight by the Israeli navy. Reports varied as to what the 21 activists were bringing with them on the ship. One said each person was bringing school materials, construction tools, water purifiers, an olive tree sapling, and a kilogram of cement. Another said the ship was full of medicine and humanitarian aid only.
The boat departed from Cyprus Monday. "No shots were fired during the boarding of the boat," the Israeli army said.
- Captors free CNN producer in Gaza City as Israeli troops kill mentally retarded Palestinian in Jenin
- Israeli naval ship clashes with aid boat directed to Gaza
- US Fails to Block UN General Assembly Meeting on Israeli Actions in Palestine
- Israel is blocking humanitarian aid to Gaza, the UN says
- Breaking the Blockade: Israel stops pro-Palestinian ship as Qatar plans to help Gaza