Israel bombs Gaza Strip, one Palestinian killed
The Israeli army spokesman early Monday confirmed that helicopters carried out strikes against "targets in Gaza City," Israel Radio reported.
The army said two buildings were targeted, which had been used by Hamas to manufacture arms and Qassam rockets, as well as mortar shells. The buildings were located in the Zeitun and Nasser neighborhoods of the city.
Palestinian witnesses said one man was killed in the strike. Parts of the city were under a power blackout after the helicopters damaged electric infrastructure.
This attack was devised on Sunday night in a meeting between Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Israel Army Chief of Staff Moshe Ya'alon.
It came hours after ten Israelis were killed and 16 were injured, eight of them seriously, in a double suicide bombing late Sunday afternoon at the Ashdod port. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Four Palestinians killed in Israeli attack on Gaza Strip
- Army Chief: Israeli forces ready to launch ground strike in Gaza Strip
- Israel vows more Gaza Strip attacks after one Palestinian killed
- Sharon ridicules Palestinian leadership as Israel decides to fight Hamas ''by all means''
- Air Raids in Gaza Strip Following Shooting and Qassam Rocket Attacks in Southern Israel