Israel claims to foil attack on al Aqsa
The Israeli Shabak Security Service on Monday declared its agents foiled last month an attempt by Jewish extremists to carry out an attack on Al Aqsa compound in east Jerusalem. According to press reports, nine Israelis were arrested as they planned to fire a rocket towards the third holiest site for Muslims.
The suspects told their interrogators that they believed that attacking the Aqsa Mosque would foil the planned Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip, slated to take place on 15 August.
- Palestinian shot dead as Jewish radicals plan to blow up al Aqsa Mosque; Israel copters strike Gaza house
- New Israel security chief ”concerned” over Jewish terrorists
- Extremist Jews plan to carry out attack on al Aqsa Mosque
- 80 Israeli soldiers storm Al Aqsa compound in Jerusalem
- Jordan flexes its muscles after first Israeli threat to Al Aqsa since Jerusalem deal