Israel claims to foil attack on al Aqsa
The Israeli Shabak Security Service on Monday declared its agents foiled last month an attempt by Jewish extremists to carry out an attack on Al Aqsa compound in east Jerusalem. According to press reports, nine Israelis were arrested as they planned to fire a rocket towards the third holiest site for Muslims.
The suspects told their interrogators that they believed that attacking the Aqsa Mosque would foil the planned Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip, slated to take place on 15 August.
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Claims Responsibility for Army Camp Attack; Israel Says It Captured Three Suicide Bombers Alive
- Three Palestinians including field commander killed in Nablus as Israel claims to foil bombing attack at Sharon office
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades claim responsibility for settler killing as three Palestinians shot dead
- Extremist Jews plan to carry out attack on al Aqsa Mosque
- Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades Claims Responsibility For Attack in Northern Israel, Gunmen Came From Lebanon