Israel completes ''preparations'' for Arafat Gaza burial
Israel's Minister of Defense Saul Mofaz told the Cabinet on Sunday that security officials have completed preparations for Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat to be buried in the Gaza Strip, meeting participants said.
The plans include busing Palestinians from the West Bank through Israel to the Gaza Strip and flying in Arab leaders who do not maintain diplomatic ties with Israel, security officials said.
Meanwhile, Palestinian officials have said Arafat, who is ailing in a French hospital, wants to be buried in Jerusalem. Israel, for its part, has rejected that outright. (Albawaba.com)
- Palestinians Deny Arafat Flight Blocked by Israel
- Sharon Meets Senior Palestinian Officials; Israel Bombs Gaza
- Israel, PA to discuss Sunday transferring security responsibility for four West Bank cities
- Arafat Says Palestinians Will Not Kneel Down to Israel
- Mofaz: Israel still committed to ''remove'' Arafat and kill Palestinian leaders in Syria