Israel Concerned at Syrian Missile Test
An Israeli official voiced concern Monday following what they described as a successful test by Syria of a new ground-to-ground missile.
"These missiles with a long range constitute a very serious threat, especially if they are equipped with non-conventional warheads," Israeli Deputy Defense Minister Epraim Sneh said on military radio.
On Saturday, Syria successfully launched a Scud D missile with a range of 500 kilometers (300 miles), thereby capable of reaching any target throughout Israel, Israeli defense ministry sources said – JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel not opposed to potentially extending their anti-missile umbrella to protect their neighbors
- Syria Denies Test-Firing Scud Missile on Sunday
- Israel tests out its anti-missile system in preparation for Iranian strike
- Report: Israel Testing out Cruise Missiles
- A dent in the Pillar of Defense armory exposes the Hezbollah threat: Did Iron Dome pass test?