Israel constructing new settlement in East Jerusalem
A new Jewish settlement is being built in occupied East Jerusalem's Jabel Mukaber region, which will consist of 550 homes, a hotel, a school, a pre-school and a synagogue, Israel Radio reported Monday.
Palestinian residents of the area, where initial construction began on Sunday, told the radio that they have sought legal means to delay the work, some of which, they said, is being carried out on territory belonging to locals.
The new settlement, to be called "Nof Zahav" [Golden Panorama], is being erected by a private contractor. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Protests held against new settlement in East Jerusalem; Report: Israel approves expansion of settlements
- Israeli Army Destroys Palestinian Homes Near Jewish Settlement
- Israel approves construction of 400 new homes in east Jerusalem settlement
- Palestinian Found Dead North of Jerusalem
- Israel builds new settlement in occupied east Jerusalem