Israel destroys Gaza government building
The headquarters of the Hamas government in Gaza has been completely destroyed Saturday morning by an Israeli airstrike, said the Hamas government. Another strike hit the house of a Hamas leader in the Jabalia refugee camp, in northern Gaza, injuring at least 35 peope, medical sources said.
The government headquarters was targeted by four strikes but the government emphasized it remained in its positions and stands alongside its people. The building, located in Nasser neighborhood in Gaza City, is almost destroyed, according to witnesses and Hamas officials. Neighboring houses were also damaged by the barbaric bombing a Hamas official said.
On Friday morning, Hamas Premier Ismail Haniyeh and several members of his cabinet accepted in the building the visting Egyptian Prime Minister Hisham Qandil, during his brief visit to Gaza.
In Jabalia refugee camp, an Israeli strike targeted the house of Hamas activist, Ibrahim Salah, according to a spokesman for the Gaza emergency services, Adham Abu Selmiya. Rescuers were still searching for possible victims in the rubble of the house, he added.
This new strikes came as the Israeli army continued its deadly airstrikes throughout the day after rockets fired from the band Gaza hit Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for the first time. In the past six hours, the Israeli army has bombed 85 new sites, the military said on its official Twitter account.
A total of 30 Palestinians were killed in three days and 280 were wounded, said Friday night a spokesman for the Hamas health services. Three Israelis were killed Thursday in by a rocket fired into southern Israel from Gaza.
Faced with persistent rocket fire, the Israeli government approved Friday night the mobilization of 75,000 army reservists following a meeting in Tel Aviv of the security cabinet headed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, according to public television
- New Israeli strikes have Twitter thinking Gaza and Israel are headed for trouble — again
- Hamas threatens to target Israeli houses, buildings after political leader survives Israeli airstrike
- Palestinians ride their donkey-carts in the middle of rubble and destroyed buildings, in the Eastern Gaza City Shujaiya neighbourhood, which were destroyed during the 50-day war between Israel and Hamas militants in the summer of 2014. (AFP/Thomas Coex)
- Israeli air strike destroys 12-story building in Gaza wounding 18
- Airstrike hits refugee camp in northern Yemen, 45 dead