Israel expels 12 Palestinians to Gaza Strip
Israel on Thursday night expelled 12 Palestinians from the West Bank to the Gaza Strip after the Supreme Court rejected their appeal and that of four others, Army Radio reported.
The Palestinians were brought to two Gaza Strip crossings in groups of four, Palestinian security officials said.
The 12 are among a group of 18 listed for expulsion. Five had already been deported to Gaza Strip over the past two weeks, and the case of one is still pending.
Israeli military sources said eight of those just expelled were members of Hamas and the other four belonged to Islamic Jihad.
The Palestinian Center for Human Rights on Thursday condemned the practice. "PCHR calls upon the Israeli military to immediately rescind these 'assigned residence'
orders and halt all other grave breaches of international humanitarian law," the group said in a statement. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel kills three Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Senior Hamas figure, four other Palestinians dead; Blast kills Israeli soldier
- 16 Palestinian deportees return home
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed, two girsl wounded by Israeli fire
- Three Palestinians killed, boy injured by Israeli forces in Gaza Strip