Israel to free Egyptians captured on Karine A
The eight Egyptians seized aboard the Karine A weapons ship in January are to be released, the Israeli government decided at its weekly meeting Wednesday.
The eight are being freed because they were not involved in the weapons-smuggling operation, but were simply aboard the ship when it was seized by Israeli naval commandos in the Red Sea, Israeli media reports said.
The Druze Member of Knesset, Ayub Kara said he met the eight during a visit to the prison in February and they had asked him to make every effort to win their release so that they could return to Egypt. (Albawaba.com)
- Egypt denies existence of secret plan to release Israeli spy
- Israel claims to intercept Palestinian arms shipment at sea
- Israeli court sentences captain of '\'weapons smuggling'\' ship to 25 years behind bars
- Report about Israeli Egyptian agreement on release of convicted Israeli spy denied
- Israel releases eight captured Egyptian sailors