Hamas: No ceasefire deal yet, talks still ongoing
Agence France Presse reported Thursday that Hamas officials denied the alleged ceasefire deal set for early Friday, saying that talks between themselves and Israel are still ongoing.
"The news about a ceasefire [set for early Friday] is incorrect. There are continuing efforts but no agreement until now," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri told AFP on Thursday.
Israeli officials had previously told an AFP reporter on the condition of anonymity that Hamas and Tel Aviv had agreed to uphold a ceasefire starting at 6 a.m. Friday morning.
Israeli and Hamas fighters have thus continued to exchange strikes and rocket fire as the death toll climbs as the tenth day of violence comes to an end.
More than 230 Palestinians have been killed from Israeli airstrikes in the past ten days and another 1,678 have been injured, according to Gaza medical authorities, as reported by AFP. One Israeli has also been killed. Around 80 percent of the total number killed are civilians.
- Still much at stake for deal in ongoing Iran nuclear talks
- Hamas official says no reason to talk of ceasefire deal until occupation aggression ends as Israel makes further arrests
- FMs: Iran nuclear talks still ongoing, but "too early" to discuss extension
- Kerry leaves Israel without ceasefire deal
- Tel Aviv undecided about Egypt truce proposal with Hamas