First Israeli killed by Hamas rockets
A young Israeli man (37) was killed on Tuesday by mortar shell fire when Hamas and the Islamic Jihad unleashed a barrage of rocket fire and mortar shells at southern Israel and the greater Tel Aviv area. A second man (44) was wounded by shrapnel.
Police forces were called to the scene and Magen David Adom medical personnel evacuated the men from the Erez checkpoint near Gaza and admitted them to Brazilai where one was declared dead. The second man was treated for shrapnel wounds.
A report by Channel 2 stated that the men were volunteers visiting soldiers near Gaza to deliver food donations.
- Hamas fires rockets after Israeli strikes
- Gaza Strip: Islamic Jihad man killed as 11 Israeli soldiers wounded in mortar attack
- Israel kills two Palestinians near Nablus, Hamas rockets hit Israeli town
- Hamas criticizes Abbas for condemning rocket attacks
- Islamic Jihad Says Israeli Soldier was Killed in Mortar Attack, not Training