Israel confirms overnight bomb raid on Syrian army positions in Golan Heights
Agence France Presse reported Wednesday that Israeli forces attacked Syrian army positions overnight Tuesday in response to this week's Golan Heights bombing that left four Israeli soldiers wounded.
"The [Israeli Defense Forces] IDF targeted several Syrian army positions which aided and abetted the attack against IDF personnel yesterday," a military statement said. A spokeswoman for the IDF later confirmed that the Israeli air force had executied the bombing raid on the Syrian side of the Golan Heights.
The raids, which consisted of four separate strikes, targeted a Syrian army training facility, a military headquarters and artillery batteries.
The Syrian military has not yet responded to the strikes, according to the spokeswoman.
- Israel shoots at Hezbollah fighters for alleged bomb attempt in Golan Heights
- Israel threatens Syria over gunfire in the contested Golan Heights
- Assad: Israel Would Pay ‘Heavy Price’ for Attacking Syria
- Syrian gunfire hits Israeli-occupied Golan Heights
- Mubarak Advisor: Syria ‘Not Alone’ in Face of Israeli Aggression