Israel Helicopter Blasts Police Post Next to Arafat's Ramallah HQ, Attack Gaza
An Israeli helicopter Tuesday fired missiles at a police station adjacent to Palestinian President Yasser Arafat's West Bank headquarters in Ramallah, injuring two policemen, Radio Israel and AFP said.
Al Jazeera satellite channel said that Arafat was in his office at the time, but escaped harm.
Meanwhile, the station’s correspondent in Gaza said that Israeli F16s bombarded PA offices in the cities and other sites in the strip.
A Preventive Security office also received a missile. Al Jazeera showed footage of the smoke and fire rising from the scene, and a third explosion was heard, while ambulances were rushing to hospitals with victims of the attack.
Later, US-made Apaches took part in the assault, said the reporter.
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon warned in a televised speech on Monday that what is going on is “a long war that will end in Israel’s victory” -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel Occupies Arafat HQ in Ramallah; Suicide Bombing Attack in Jerusalem: Two Israelis Killed
- Arafat Appoints News Police Chief in Ramallah
- Israel Attacks Arafat HQ in Ramallah, Arafat Vows No Surrender; Two Israelis Stabbed to Death in Gaza Strip
- Israel Launches Missile Attack at Palestinian Police HQ in Gaza
- Israeli Helicopters Strike PA Security HQ in Gaza Strip