Israel, Hizbullah exchange fire on border
Hizbullah attacked Israeli positions Monday afternoon in the occupied Shebaa Farms, witnesses and security sources said.
They said gunners of Hizbullah fired rockets and artillery rounds at two Israeli positions in the area near the border between Lebanon and Israel. The Lebanese fighters also fired an anti-tank missile at an Israeli base outside of the Shebaa Farms region, for the first time since April 2002.
There were no reports of casualties, Israel Army said.
Witnesses and security sources said Israel responded with two air strikes on the edges of the Lebanese border village of Kfar Shouba and shelled the outskirts of several other villages.
Israeli helicopters were deployed at the scene and artillery batteries were returning fire, the Army Radio added. (Albawaba.com)
- Hizbullah, Israel exchange fire
- Hizbullah, Israel Exchange Strikes; Sharon Threatens Syria, Hizbullah Saying '\'They Are Not Immune'\'
- Hizbullah fires missiles at Israeli positions in occupied zone
- Heavy exchanges of fire in south Lebanon, Hizbullah says leaders are safe
- Fire exchanges on Israel - Lebanon border