Israel injures 11 demonstrators protesting fence construction
Israeli troops fired rubber bullets Friday at protesters who approached the disputed "security fence" the Israeli government is building to separate between Israel and the West Bank. A protest group said 11 demonstrators were injured.
The International Solidarity Movement said soldiers fired rubber bullets at about 300 Palestinians and 60 foreign supporters who dismantled a barbed-wire barrier in front of a section of the security fence near Tulkarem in the northern West Bank. The group said three Palestinians and eight foreigners were wounded.
The ISM held another demonstration in the northern town of Qalqilya on Thursday, on the same day that the Israeli authorities announced the completion of the first section of the controversial barrier. (Albawaba.com)
- Israeli forces arrest 36 Palestinians in W. Bank raid as three Palestinians injured in clashes over fence
- Palestinians demonstrate against fence as hearings open in The Hague
- Israeli troops fire on activists during protest against the construction of West Bank fence
- Israeli soldiers open fire on participants of West Bank fence demonstration
- 22 demonstrators shot dead on Syrian -Israeli border