Israel issues tenders for construction of about 1,000 new housing units in West Bank settlements
The Israeli Housing Ministry issued Tuesday tenders for the construction of about 1,000 new housing units in West Bank settlements.
The tenders include 604 homes in "Beitar Ilit", 214 in "Ariel", 141 in "Ma'aleh Adumim", and 42 in "Karnei Shomron," Haaretz reported.
Last week, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, following American requests for clarifications, delayed tenders for the construction of more than 1,000 housing units in settlements, among them many of those issued on Tuesday.
The left-wing Peace Now movement condemned the tenders, saying in a statement, “The boss has gone mad. Sharon has decided to scoff at his government’s promise to freeze construction in settlements. Rather than disengagement, he is carrying out massive occupation in Judea and Samaria [the West Bank].” (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel publishes 228 new housing tenders for West Bank settlements
- Israel plans to expand settlements, to build fence along West Bank border
- Netanyahu decides not to invite tenders for West Bank settlement building
- Eight Palestinians injured in Gaza blast as Israel issues more construction tenders for settlements
- Israel to Build 700 Housing Units in West Bank Settlements