Arrests over alleged plot to kidnap Israelis revealed
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
Click here to add Ahmed Saadat as an alert
Disable alert for Ahmed Saadat,
Click here to add Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine as an alert
Disable alert for Popular Front for the Libe ...,
Click here to add Ramallah as an alert
Disable alert for Ramallah,
Click here to add Shin Bet as an alert
Disable alert for Shin Bet
Israel’s internal security service arrested ten members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP), who allegedly plotted to kidnap Israelis several months ago, AFP reported on Wednesday.
Due to a media blackout imposed by the Shin Bet, details of the arrests have only now been made public.
Two of the key suspects, living in the West Bank city of Ramallah, are accused of planning to kidnap an Israeli soldier to use as a bargaining chip in a prisoner swap for PFLP head, Ahmed Saadat.
Saadat was sentenced to 30 years in prison by the Israeli authorities for his involvement in a number of attacks.
The two suspects are facing charges over the plot by a military tribunal, while the remaining eight face terrorism-related charges. PFLP has been designated a terrorist organization by the U.S., E.U., UK, Canada and Israel.
- Posh Spice Kidnap Plot Foiled
- The plot thickens: did Saudi woman convert to Christianity or was she kidnapped?
- Israel arrests American accused of plotting Jerusalem attacks
- Israeli arrested for allegedly selling secret military information
- Dubai's show must go on! "Believe" it or not, plot to get hold of singer's balls flopped