Israel kills at least one Palestinian in Gaza Strip, blows up buildings
At least one Palestinian was shot dead overnight Sunday by Israeli occupation troops in the Gaza Strip. Israel said the Palestinian was trying to infiltrate into a military outpost, Israel Radio reported.
In addition, Israeli forces blew up three partly constructed buildings in the central Gaza Strip on Sunday
after evacuating an estimated 5,000 Palestinian residents living nearby, witnesses said. Local said troops began issuing orders to the residents through loudspeakers to come out of their homes and move on foot to the nearby Nusseirat refugee camp, which is about three kilometers away.
They said the three 13-storey buildings which overlooked the Netzarim settlement were dynamited. On Saturday, Israeli troops destroyed a Palestinian police station in the Gaza Strip, witnesses said.
Palestinian medical sources at "Al Shifa" hospital in Gaza City said that a Palestinian citizen, identified as Ibrahim Hamada, 25, was shot and wounded in the chest by Israeli fire. Hospital sources described Hamada's condition as critical, as he was wounded when occupation tanks heavily shelled and opened random fire at Al Zahra'a Town.
Meanwhile, Sunday morning, a Qassam rocket landed in agricultural land near the southern Israeli town of Sderot. The rocket was most probably fired by Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, according to Israeli media. No injuries or damage were reported. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 10 Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, W. Bank; Israeli soldier shot dead
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Qassam rockets fired on southern Israel
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Islamic Jihad claims bombing attack against Israeli troops
- Gaza Strip: Three Israeli soldiers, three Palestinian fighters killed during attack on occupation outpost
- Second Palestinian Killed by Israeli Fire in Gaza Strip